Monday, September 19, 2011

Moments of Joy


I love this video. I've been thinking, myself, about the moments that matter most. The moments that make me smile, the memories that make any hard or difficult time not so bad. Here are a few that I have had over the past two and a half months.
-Rolling out of bed at 6:30 in the morning to see this message from an amazing friend on the bathroom mirror.


-Getting a letter from home that says exactly what I needed to hear.

-Walking into the house next door with all the lights off and the children shushing us because they have devised a brilliant plan to trap a mouse they saw .


-Feeling like the work for the day has been fruitless and then having someone open the door and invite us in and tell us we are the answer to her prayer.

-Getting home after a long day to this surprise on our door.



-Reading a verse in the scriptures and seeing something I've never noticed before.

-Spending a day at the Medford temple.


-At dinner one night a mom asked her children "Do you know what water molecules are made of?" and her 6 year old son, in all seriousness, answered "Spam?"

-Seeing beautiful scenery on long four hour drives to and from Santa Rosa.

         Just South of Ferndale                                 About 50 miles north of Santa Rosa

-Catching sight of a 60 year old man in a full suit ridding a razor scooter down the street.

-Seeing people I love enter the waters of Baptism and make covenants with our Heavenly Father.


These are some of the moments I have been blessed with on my mission. And I know they are tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father. What are the moments that have made a difference in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Reading this blog made my day! This put an extra smile on my face that was much needed. Tender mercy of the Lord through an awesome Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the blog of a very brave young woman. This moment makes a difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete